Thursday 15 June 2017

21 Things .08

My Little Town

Its been two days since I've posted, which isn't helpful when I'm trying to count down to something... Blogging is certainly a priority for me right now but sometimes life happens and that's okay.

Yesterday for work I got the opportunity to put up posters around downtown for a local event. What struck me in my wanderings was how vibrant my little town is with its unique, small businesses. I love to support them but I rarely enter so many in quick succession. Each door opened into a world and culture of its own, filled with friendly faces, many of whom I recognize and some who recognize me. There was the whole foods grocery store where I used to work - the people there are like family and I was received with lots of hugs - then my favourite second-hand bookstore with the welcoming comfort of a dozing cat in the window; the various coffee shops, each with a particular flair, and the brewery, barber shop, clothing stores, restaurants filled with the chatter of breakfasters, and the list could go on.
Having worked in the midst of this hub of activity and then living away for a year has given me new appreciation for this town that I call home. Its exciting that there's still so much to explore!

No comments:

Post a Comment